Prevention Is More than Therapy
Emptying our body is as important as digestion and food intake. Sadly, it is not widely known yet that waste products that are not excreted by the body ferment (in case of substances of carbohydrate origin) and decay (substances of protein origin). Their accumulation in the large intestine can cause (and often does so) disruption of the intestinal microbiome. This in turn leads to premature aging, increased risk of cancer and serious health problems, including diseases of affluence.
On a global and European scale, the Czech Republic has long ranked as one of the countries with most incidences of colorectal cancer. Recently, in comparison with these diseases, intestinal inflammation and Crohn’s disease have become even more common in our country.
What are the benefits of hydrocolon therapy combined with medical oxygen therapy?
- Deep cleansing of the large intestine (colon)
- Improvement of cell respiration and regeneration of the organism
- Lowering hyperacidity of the organism
- Improvement of functional problems (indigestion, shortness of breath, fatigue, blood pressure, and rash)
- Purification before a planned pregnancy
- Restoration of one’s own life energy and vitality
The fact that health institutions and insurance companies do not sufficiently support preventive medicine yet proves to be a serious problem, and even more when we consider the long-term fragmentation of health care.
“The high quality health care has increased the life expectancy of men by 7.5 and women by 5.5 years. Now we need to focus on prolonging the duration of life in health. No economy can afford to finance the long-term costs of an unhealthy lifestyle and the resulting diseases. That is why the prevention and support of the Health 2020 programme is one of my key priorities. The most important thing is for people to realize that their health will be most affected by their own improvements of daily routines and healthier lifestyle. If, thanks to this, the incidence of diseases of affluence could be reduced by 5%, health care would save 10 billion crowns a year and the benefit for GDP would be another 10 billion,” said the Minister of Health Svatopluk Němeček.
Inspiration and sources
- Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2019 was won by William Kaelin and Gregg Semenza from USA and by Peter Ratcliffe from GB for discovering the molecular mechanisms by which cells can sense available oxygen and based on that improve their functioning.
- MUDr. Jiří Kocián, DrSc., 1930–2002 – gastroenterologist, head of the internal department of Thomayer Hospital in Prague and head of the department of internal medicine at IPVZ, who devoted his entire life to the study of osteoporosis and endoscopies. In his repeated experiments, he found that if the patient inhaled medicinal oxygen during rectoscopy, the rectal mucosa would turn pink. If the patient smoke a cigarette, the mucous membranes of the rectum turn pale or grey. He was convinced that the action of oxygen on the body has a significant effect on the improvement of the function of digestive organs.
Source – personal experience shared by professor Kocián at medical seminars during my pre-certification practice in internal medicine in 1990.
- Poupa, Otakar. Enterální insuflace kyslíku: (o tzv. střevním dýchání). 1st, Prague, SZdN, 1959 – Publication on the possibilities of therapeutic influence of hypoxia of the liver and some other splanchnic organs, which is based on evolutionary knowledge about emergency breathing in the pathology of mammals and humans. The books starts with the basics of development of respiration, with special regard to extrapulmonary respiration and the physiology of respiratory gas exchange through the digestive tract. These facts are then applied to the treatment of neonatal hypoxia and post-traumatic and postoperative shock.
How does hydrocolon therapy using dissolved medical oxygen work?
The therapy is performed using a certified original device for hydrocolon therapy into which a system for the application of medical oxygen is installed. During the procedure, oxygen of a precise low pressure is released into filtered tempered water, where it dissolves. This small amount of oxygen-enriched water washes the large intestine and gently stimulates it in a natural way. Due to the hydration and dampening of the intestine, the hardened old faecal mass is released, which subsequently brings a feeling of lightness and energy. Water gently enriched with oxygen gradually hydrates all parts of the colon, cleanses and disinfects them. It gently penetrates the body and, consequently, has a positive effect on other organs (such as the liver, gall bladder or pancreas). Clients tolerate the procedure well.
What are the overall benefits?
- The beginning of a gentle deep cleansing of the body
- Improvement of colon peristalsis and regeneration of the colonic mucosa
- Promotion of the release of toxins by organs such as the colon, liver, kidneys, vagina, skin, respiratory organs, ears or eyes
- Improvement of the activity of muscles, reducing the production of lactic acid, which leads to muscle relaxation and flexibility
- Improvement of blood and lymphatic circulation (relieving pain and boosting healing processes)
- Improvement of immunity (to fungal, bacterial and viral infections)
- Improvement of the metabolism of internal organs and endocrine glands
- Support of liver regeneration
- Weight control
What is the oxygen-enriched hydrocolonotherapy procedure used for most often?
- As a prevention of gastrointestinal cancer, including colon cancer
- To treat problems related to the large intestine (such as toxic colon, certain types of infection, removal of fungi, parasites and long-standing mucus, tendency to constipation or diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome)
- To support the regeneration of the body and a feeling of relief in the abdomen
- To support the restoration of the intestinal microbiome after food poisoning
- To treat candidiasis or any other imbalances of the intestinal or genital microbiome
- Overall, it has a positive effect on autoimmune diseases (food intolerance) and diabetes
- It plays a positive role as a part of the treatment of patients after actinotherapy or chemotherapy
- To improve painful conditions
- It contributes to the improvement of blood circulation and thus the alleviation of chronic fatigue
- To improve stress management, concentration and mood
For which patients is the treatment not suitable?
- For patients with certain types of colon cancer
- After certain types of abdominal surgeries
- For patients suffering from a more serious psychiatric illness
- For patients who cannot lie on their backs for 40 minutes
- In cases of painful bloating and cramps in the abdomen
How many procedures do I need to undergo?
It is different for each client, depending on the amount of long-term deposits. We recommend to undergo a series of 3–4 procedures first and continue in the treatment only after the toxic load is assessed. For chronic problems, most often 6–10 procedures are needed due to the longer time necessary to hydrate long-term deposits before they are completely removed.
What is the difference between hydrocolon therapy and the use of laxatives?
With a tendency to constipation, the space inside the large intestine is enlarged by settled ballast deposits and gas, the wall is weak and the peristalsis (bowel movement) is reduced. The intestinal microbiome is disrupted. The accumulated hard intestinal contents then ferment and decay in the large intestine, and toxic gases and other substances are released into the blood.
During hydrocolon therapy, hard or solid deposits gradually soften and are removed together with fungi and intestinal gases. The intestinal muscle is activated and “trained”. Subsequently, the formation of a normal mucus layer and the restoration of the intestinal microflora is promoted. Part of the microbiome is washed away during the procedure and it is crucial to support it with suitable pre/probiotics until it recovers. Laxatives act mainly in the inner layer of the intestine, through which it draws water from the body, which dehydrates the organism. It does not have a positive stimulating effect on peristalsis. Pressures or convulsions usually occur, during which part of the waste material separates. The laxative irritates the nerves, the muscles of the large intestine and usually also the mucous membranes of the rectum and its surroundings. Laxatives are suitable if we need to empty or clean the intestines really quickly, for example before giving birth.
- Adopt a more relaxed, healthier and balanced approach to life.
- Learn to spend more time in nature; do sports, practice relaxation, meditation or yoga.
- Control your weight.
- Support your natural defecation.
- Drink regularly and enough high-quality unsweetened and non-saturated liquids during the day (3.5 dcl per 10 kg of weight per day).
- Support your healthy quality diet with an emphasis on “unprocessed” or “minimally processed” foods, i.e. fruits, vegetables, milk, meat, legumes, seeds, grains (rice, cereals) or eggs (in reasonable quantities).
- Exclude from your diet or limit foods that have been modified to last longer or taste better. Furthermore, reduce the intake of “ultra-processed” foods, which have been industrially processed several times and contain ingredients such as preservatives, sweeteners or flavour enhancers – these include mainly sausages, burgers, chicken nuggets, breakfast cereals and cereal bars, instant meals, sweet fizzy drinks, cakes, low-quality confectionery, chocolate or ice cream.
- Focus on removing mould from food: wash nuts, seeds, almonds and dried fruit in water before eating and then treat them with organic lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Consume lemon juice – it also helps alkalize excessive amounts of acids in the body.
- To improve your vitality, drink daily a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey (Dr. D. C. Jarvis recommends mixing 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey in a glass of drinking water and drinking the beverage 2-3 times a day during main meals. The use of apple cider vinegar to reduce insulin resistance and subsequently type 2 diabetes: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16015276
This unique method is only accepted by some experts in classical medicine.
The information published in this article has not been reviewed or approved by any official expert institute of the state.
The mentioned technical equipment has been approved in the Czech Republic and officially included there among medical products. This site serves only as a source of information only. Oxygen therapy of the large intestine is an experimental method and belongs to the field of alternative regenerative medicine. It is based on the assumption that a person’s potential and the patient’s motivation usually remain largely underutilized, especially in the field of functional problems, i.e. when the patient has problems, but the available tests and methods of classical medicine cannot objectively prove them. This method’s positive influence on the organism contributes significantly to better quality of life. The effectiveness of the method is based on experience and unofficial reports from practice.
This information is provided so that each client can make an informed and free choice about alternatives to boost regaining health.
Marie Stefanova MD, 2020
For more information see or visit: